compensation: $14 - $18 p.h. DOE
employment type: full-time
Large International Manufacturing Company needs CNC LATHE Machine Operators for their manufacturing Plant. This a TEMP TO HIRE, long term career opportunity.
- Responsible for set-up, prove-out and running CNC LATHES in the manufacture of product to customer specifications. Includes process development, documentation and control, tool life management, adjusting/managing offsets, In-process inspection to verify conformance to specifications. Perform multi-axis CNC machinery set-up function by downloading preset program, making adjustments to or creating simple programs when needed to direct sequence of machine operation
- Operate CNC lathes to produce acceptable product per work instructions.
- Read and interpret technical drawings to determine machine set-up and production methods.
- Inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection; record results, adjust program or notify appropriate person of deviation when needed.
- Perform machine adjustments such as off-sets or setting tapers and basic preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, filters, etc.
- Clean work area, machines, tools and equipment.
- Train incoming CNC Set-up personnel on processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand and act on verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to write, edit and modify advance CNC program options.
- Intermediate math (algebra, geometry, trigonometry) and computer skills.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM programs and G & M codes.
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/blueprints.
- Must exhibit attention to detail as well as excellent listening skills.
- 3-5 years' CNC Machinist/Set-Up experience.
- 1-2 years' CNC Programming experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following CNC/NC machines: lathes, hobs, mills, grinding, vertical or horizontal machines With strong background in CNC lathes.
- Must have a strong understanding of G&M Codes.
- GD&T Must be able to hold a tight tolerance: +/- 5/10ths.
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment.
- Ability to Work Overtime.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Wears required personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory.
Valid Driver's License required, your own reliable transportation required.
Drug and Felony free workplace, No Felony 1 or 2's, Nor violent Felonies.
Background check, Drug Test required.
Fulltime: 1st Shift, Mon - Fri
For best response: E-Mail your resume in a Word format to: [email protected]
Lake Land Employment Group of Akron
481 W. Market St., Akron, OH 44303